Think you have a good business idea?
Who: Any currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate Mercer University student of any year, program, or campus.
What: You will submit a 2 minute video recording of you pitching your business idea for the semi-finals by March 11 (extended to March 19).A team of judges will watch the videos and select a set of finalists to present their pitches synchronously to a panel of judges over Zoom on April 1, 2022. Judges will have the opportunity to ask each presenter questions. The judges will then select a winner from each track. There will be multiple tracks from technology related to social businesses. Businesses could be at the idea stage or existing small businesses.
When/where: Final 2 minute elevator pitch presentations will be Friday April 1, 2022, 6pm-8pm virtually via Zoom.
Prize money: $500 for each track winner
Deadline to submit your elevator pitch video to email@example.com byFriday March 11 (extended to March 19), 2022. Your submission must include:
- Full name of each team
- Program of study, primary campus, and year of anticipated graduation date for each team member
- Name of business idea and a brief description of the idea
- A confirmation that you would be able to pitch publicly on April 1
- An approximately 2
minute video pitch recording (videos over 2:30 will not be accepted). You need
to attach the recording file or a link to the video that can be downloaded.
- The judging criteria is focused on the clarity of the content of the video pitch, not design of the video itself.
- Mercer University has free access to Zoom which can be used to record your video, but any recording platform is acceptable.
- These videos will only be used by the semi-finalist judging panel and will not be shared publicly.
Finalists will be notified by March 25, 2022
- Please email general questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If on the Atlanta campus and you have specific questions please contact: Dr. Briana Stenard at email@example.com; if on the Macon campus and you have specific questions, please contact: Dr. Marko Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Stephanie Howard at email@example.com