The Mercer Innovation Center’s Next Big Idea Business Pitch Competition is designed to encourage Mercer undergraduate students to think innovatively and to help them develop their business ideas.
The Winners will receive:
- $6000 for 1st place
- $2500 for 2nd place
- $500 for Bear’s Choice (to the team with the video pitch with the most votes from the Mercer Community)
How to Compete:
Any Mercer Undergraduate student currently enrolled in Spring 2018 can enter an original business idea on their own or in a team of up to 5 members. There is no fee to enter.
- Step 1: Attend an optional information session on January 17th from 5pm-5:30pm in the Mercer Innovation Center to learn more.
- Step 2: Register your team by emailing the simple registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st.
- Step 3: Attend optional workshops, every Wednesday in February from 10am to 11am in the MIC, run by experts in the business community to help you develop your idea and business model.
- January 31
- February 7
- February 14
- February 21
- Step 4: Submit a 2 min YouTube video pitch, and a one page business model canvas (no formal business plan is required) by March 14th at 11:59pm. Get people to vote on your video via YouTube likes until March 21nd at 11:59pm.
- Step 5: Finalists will be announced on March 23rd. Then all finalists will pitch their ideas for the judges in the final competition on April 6th at 3pm in the MIC.
Please send any questions to email@example.com.
Download the registration form and information sheet THE NEXT BIG IDEA 2018 Information Sheet UPDATED